Working at Lexington
Teamwork is what we're all about at Lexington Health Care, working together to achieve positive patient outcomes. We realize that when you collaborate, great things are possible; for your patients, and for your career.
An organization known for outstanding service and excellence in a full spectrum of patient care services, Lexington offers flexibility with full time, part time and PRN positions in direct patient care, diagnostics, and support services in both inpatient and home based environments.
We continue to create and implement new training and development programs to improve our staff. Education Assistance Programs lead to successful careers and infinite professional opportunities.
Our reputation as a leading health care employer is unmatched. Come see for yourself why it's so fulfilling to be a part of Lexington.
OUR COMMON PURPOSE
We Celebrate Life with Everyone in Our Community of Care by Providing Compassionate and Individualized Experiences
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
Tools for Decision Making
SAFETY – Be sure that residents, families and employees remain free from harm or injury
COMPASSION – Always consider others feelings in all interactions. Always treat others through acts of kindness and empathy
DIGNITY – Treat everyone with the understanding that everyone has the right to respect and ethical treatment
TRUST – Each and every person relies on us to do the right thing, even when no one is watching. Follow through and never promise things that you can’t deliver.
EFFICIENCY – Be able to accomplish the task with minimum expenditure of time or money while still using established policies.
ICARE EXPECTED BEHAVIORS
I – INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- Make eye contact and smile
- Say hello to everyone you pass
- Introduce yourself to each patient, resident, co-worker or family member
C – ALWAYS BE COMPASSIONATE AND COURTEOUS
- Show genuine caring for all Lexington patients, residents, family members and coworkers
- Absolutely no rumors or gossiping
- Actively listen (get at the patient/resident height)
A – ALWAYS BE POSITIVE
- Project a positive image and energy by looking approachable
- Look happy and interested
- Preserve the fun
- You are “on” the moment you leave your car
R – RESPONSIBILITY TO DO WHAT’S RIGHT
- Recognize the contributions of others
- Uphold all personal responsibilities as listed in one’s job description, company policies/ procedures.
- Accept responsibility for your behavior and decisions and never shift blame to others
- Be dressed in department-specific uniform with name badges on upper left side of shirt/uniform.
- If you don’t know the answer find someone who does
- No personal electronic devices, eating or personal conversations in public areas – the focus is on them
E – EXCEED INDIVIDUALS EXPECTATIONS
- Anticipate needs and offer assistance
- Don’t think “NO”, think “HOW”
- Treat everyone as individuals
- Provide Prompt and Attentive Service
- Ask before you exit/hang up – Is there anything else I can do for you