Home Sleep Test
When traveling to a sleep center is inconvenient, Merit has the at-home solution
What is a Home Sleep Test?
A home sleep test (HST) is a portable testing device used at home to diagnose patients with moderate to severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) while you sleep in the comfort of your own home.
When is a HST Appropriate?
Home sleep tests are only appropriate if your physician believes you have moderate to severe OSA with no other serious medical conditions.
If your physician believes you have low to mild OSA, another sleep disorder and/or you have a serious medical condition, Merit can also assist you with an in-lab sleep test.
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)?
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) occurs when the airway collapses during sleep, causing brief interruptions of breathing. You may have OSA if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you snore?
- Do you feel excessively tired during the day?
- Do you fall asleep while watching TV, reading, riding in or driving a car?
- Do you have frequent awakenings at night?
- Do you wake up with a headache?
Services We Offer:
- Convenient unattended at-home testing with one-on-one set-up assistance
- Small, easy-to-use portable devices
Monitor and measure:
- Air flow
- Heart rate
- Respiratory effort
- Snoring and position
- Patients receive one-on-one training on use of device
Benefits of a Good Night’s Sleep:
A number of vital tasks are carried out during sleep that help maintain good health and enable you to function at your best. Not only does the quantity of your sleep matter, but the quality of your sleep is even more important.
A good night’s sleep improves your:
- Energy level
- Mental functioning
- Ability to lose weight
- Overall quality of life
Sleep Hygiene (Recommended for all):
- Maintain a regular bed and wake time schedule
- Establish a regular bedtime routine
- Create a sleep-conducive environment
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow
- Finish eating 2-3 hours before bedtime
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol prior to bedtime
Experience the Merit Difference:
- State-of-the art technology
- Outstanding boarded sleep certified physicians always available
- We perform all patient insurance verification and pre-authorizations
- Comfortable testing devices designed to be worn in all sleep positions
- Fast, detailed results within 2-4 days
- Complete care coordination including testing, treatment, compliance, ongoing patient follow-up and supply management
- One provider for all your sleep related needs
How to Make a Referral or Start Services
Simply call, fax or email us at: